What Expenses are covered?
- Return economy flights to China (includes domestic flights required as part of the program)
- Accommodation in China
- Ground transfers required as part of the program
- VISA application costs
Personal expenses at students own cost.
To be considered for Huawei’s China Experience programme students need to match the following criteria:
- be an Australian citizen
- be aged between 18 & 28 years
- not previously have received a short term or semester grant from the Colombo Mobility program
- be studying a STEM or related discipline
- be a middle year undergraduate student
- demonstrate excellent academic acumen – (transcript must be provided)
- have a strong interest in telecoms and technology issues
- are fascinated by the rise of Asia and are keen to get practical experience working for a dynamic global business
- complete the application form
- provide a submission that answers “Why science and technological innovation is essential for Australia’s future?” The submission should exceed 300 words.
- Successful applicants will be expected to attend a briefing session prior to departure where they will have the opportunity to meet with others participating in the program.
- This is a non-salaried work experience programme and participation does not imply that employment is guaranteed following graduation.
- A valid passport will be required for international travel.