What Expenses are covered?
- Return economy flights to China (includes domestic flights required as part of the program)
- Accommodation in China
- Ground transfers required as part of the program
- VISA application costs
Personal expenses at students own cost.
To be considered for Huawei’s China Experience programme students need to match the following criteria:
Provide a minimum 500 word submission that answers “Economic factors aside, why do you think Australia’s relationship with Asia is important? How do you see yourself building a career connected to Asia?”
- Australian Citizen (Students cannot receive a Student Grant to undertake a Mobility Project in a host location in which they have dual citizenship or residency rights)
- Be aged between 18 & 28 years
- Not previously received one short term or semester grant from the Colombo Mobility program (with or without an internship during course of Australian study)
- Studying a STEM or related discipline
- Be a middle year undergraduate student
- Demonstrate excellent academic acumen (transcript must be provided)
- Strong interest in telecoms and technology issues
- Fascinated by the rise of Asia and are keen to get practical experience from a dynamic global business
- Be available for the mandatory Briefing Session in Brisbane on 11th October
- Complete the online application form which includes CV and photo: Huaweiseedsforthefuture.com.au
- Successful applicants will be expected to attend a briefing session prior to departure where they will have the opportunity to meet with others participating in the program.
- This is a non-salaried work experience programme and participation does not imply that employment is guaranteed following graduation.
- A valid passport will be required for international travel.
- Curriculum Overview can be found here: Curriculum Overview